Notice to Mariners
Oswego Canal – Minetto and Oswego
August 14, 2023
Mariners are advised of underwater inspections occurring on the Oswego Canal on the following schedule:
- Tuesday, August 15th – Lock O-5 in Minetto, lock and gate areas.
- Wednesday August 16th - Lock O-5 in Minetto, dam area above the lock.
- Thursday, August 17th - Lock O-8 in Oswego, spillway on the west wall above the lock.
- Thursday, August 17th - Lock O-8 in Oswego, lock and gate areas.
- Thursday, August 17th - Lock O-8 in Oswego, northwest approach wall.
The inspection areas will be marked by a dive boat and commercial diver’s flags while divers are in the water. Boaters should reduce speed and proceed at a "No Wake" speed when transiting this area.
Charts showing the affected area can be found at https://www.canals.ny.gov/navinfo/charts/14786o1r.png and
Features along the western portion of the Erie Canal are listed by mileage at
The Canal Corporation urges all users and stakeholders to register to receive updates through the Notice to Mariners notification program by clicking here.
For general news, please visit www.canals.ny.gov or follow the Canal Corporation on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or LinkedIn.
In case of emergencies, please call the Canal Corporation’s Emergency Call Center at 833-538-1042.