Notice to Mariners
Erie Canal – Amsterdam
June 28, 2023
Mariners are advised of a series of waterski events occurring on the Erie Canal in Amsterdam, just east of the New York Route 30 Bridge (E-19A) over the Erie Canal on the following schedule.
- Thursday, June 29th – 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Monday, July 3rd – 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Thursday, July 6th – 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Thursday, July 13th – 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Thursday, July 20th – 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Thursday, July 27th – 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Thursday, August 3rd – 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Saturday, August 5th – 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Thursday, August 10th – 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Thursday, August 24th – 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Thursday, August 31st – 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
A ski jump ramp and auxiliary dock will be located within the navigation channel during the events.
Any boaters who use the dock at the Amsterdam Riverlink Park during the events should be aware of excessive wakes generated by boats participating in the events and will be docking at their own risk.
Boaters should reduce speed, stop all forward motion, and proceed at a "No Wake" speed when approaching event participants and under no circumstances shall any vessel exceed 5 MPH.
Additionally, during the months of June, July and August, practice sessions may occur at any time. Boaters using the Amsterdam Riverlink Park docks should adequately bumper their boats to protect against the expected wakes from ski boats.
A chart covering the affected area can be found at
Features along the western portion of the Erie Canal are listed by mileage at https://www.canals.ny.gov/wwwapps/navinfo/navinfo.aspx?waterway=erieeastern
The Canal Corporation urges all users and stakeholders to register to receive updates through the Notice to Mariners notification program by clicking here.
For general news, please visit www.canals.ny.gov or follow the Canal Corporation on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or LinkedIn.
In case of emergencies, please call the Canal Corporation’s Emergency Call Center at 833-538-1042.