Notice to Mariners
Western Erie Canal – Wayne and Monroe Counties
October 14, 2022
Mariners are advised of underwater inspections occurring on the Western Erie Canal on the following schedule:
- Monday, October 17th – Wooden Piling Cluster – (Perinton)
- Tuesday, October 18th – Erie Canal Lock E-30 – (Macedon) Southeast Approach Wall below the lock and Southwest Approach Wall above the lock.
- Wednesday, October 19th – Genesee River – (Court Street Dam) Southeast Retaining Wall.
- Wednesday, October 19th – Harrison Spillway (Palmyra)
- Wednesday, October 19th – Barnharts Sluice Gate (Palmyra) Spillway Bypass and Sill
- Wednesday, October 19th – Peeks Spillway (Newark)
- Thursday, October 20th – Dry Dock – (Lyons) North Guide Wall
- Friday, October 21st – Trout Run Spillway (Newark) Sluice Gate and Spillway.
The inspection areas will be marked by commercial diver’s flags while divers are in the water. Boaters should reduce speed and proceed at a "No Wake" speed when transiting these areas.
Charts showing the affected areas can be found at
Features along the Western Erie Canal are listed by mileage at https://www.canals.ny.gov/wwwapps/navinfo/navinfo.aspx?waterway=eriewestern
In case of emergencies, please call the Canal Corporation Emergency Call Center at: (833) 538-1042.
For updates and information, please visit Canals.NY.gov or follow us on Facebook or Twitter.