Notice to Mariners
Erie Canal – Amsterdam
June 29, 2021
Mariners are advised of a series regatta events occurring on the Erie Canal in Amsterdam, just east of the New York Route 30 Bridge (E-19A) over the Erie Canal on the following schedule.
- Thursday, July 1st – 6 pm to 9pm
- Wednesday, July 7th - 6 pm to 9pm
- Saturday, July 10th – 12 pm to 5pm
- Wednesday, July 14th - 6 pm to 9pm
- Wednesday, July 21st - 6 pm to 9pm
- Wednesday, July 28th - 6 pm to 9pm
- Wednesday, August 4th - 6 pm to 9pm
- Saturday, August 7th – 12 pm to 5pm
- Wednesday, August 18th – 5:30 pm to 9pm
- Wednesday, August 25th – 5:30 pm to 9pm
A ski jump ramp and auxiliary dock will be located within the navigation channel during the events.
Any boaters who use the dock at the Amsterdam Riverlink Park during regatta events should be aware of excessive wakes generated by boats participating in the events and will be docking at their own risk.
Boaters should reduce speed, stop all forward motion, and proceed at a "No Wake" speed when approaching event participants and under no circumstances shall any vessel exceed 5 MPH.
A chart covering the affected area can be found at
Features along the western portion of the Erie Canal are listed by mileage at https://www.canals.ny.gov/wwwapps/navinfo/navinfo.aspx?waterway=erieeastern
For updates and information, please visit Canals.NY.gov or follow us on Facebook or Twitter.