Notice to Mariners
Eastern Erie and Champlain Canals
August 19, 2022
Mariners are advised that bridge inspections will be occurring at several structures on the Erie and Champlain Canals on the following schedule:
- Monday, August 22nd – Old NY 67, Stillwater Bridge (C-6) in Schaghticoke and US Route 4, Boardman St. Bridge (C-29) in Whitehall
- Tuesday, August 23rd – State Route 5, Western Gateway Bridge (E-13) in Schenectady and US Route 4, Northumberland Bridge (C-10) in Northumberland
- Wednesday, August 24th – US Route 4, Northumberland Bridge (C-10) in Northumberland
- Thursday, August 25th – State Route 196 Bridge (C-18) in Kingsbury
- Friday, August 26th – US Route 4, 126th Street Bridge (C-2) in Waterford
Channel width may be reduced, and slight delays may occur due to a bucket boat and skiff moving below each bridge being inspected. Warning signs will be placed at each end of the work zone.
Mariners should reduce speed, stop all forward motion, sound horns, and proceed at a "No Wake" speed when transiting these areas.
Charts showing the affected area can be found at
Features along the eastern portion of the Erie and Champlain Canals are listed by mileage at http://www.canals.ny.gov/wwwapps/navinfo/navinfo.aspx?waterway=erieeastern and
In case of emergencies, please call the Canal Corporation Emergency Call Center at: (833) 538-1042.
The Canal Corporation urges all users to register to receive updates through the "Notice to Mariners" notification program at www.canals.ny.gov.
For updates and information, please visit Canals.NY.gov or follow us on Facebook or Twitter