Notice to Mariners
Erie and Cayuga-Seneca Canals and Cayuga Lake
July 15, 2022
Mariners are advised of underwater inspections occurring on the Cayuga-Seneca, Erie Canals, and Cayuga Lake, on the following schedule:
- Monday, July 18 – Frenchman Island Dock (Oneida Lake) – Dock
- Monday, July 18 – Cayuga-Seneca Lock CS-1 (Cayuga) – Lock and Gate Areas
- Tuesday, July 19 – Cayuga-Seneca Lock CS-2 – (Seneca Falls) Lock and Gate Areas
- Tuesday, July 19 – Erie Canal Lock E-25 – (Mays Point) Moveable Dam
- Wednesday, July 20 – Erie Canal Lock E-28B (Newark) Lock and Gate Areas
- Wednesday, July 20 – Cayuga-Seneca Lock CS-4 (Waterloo) – Guard Gate
- Wednesday, July 20 – Cayuga-Seneca Lock CS-4 (Waterloo) – Retention Dam
- Wednesday, July 20 – Cayuga-Seneca Lock CS-4 (Waterloo) – Taintor Gate
- Thursday, July 21 – Erie Canal Lock E-28A (Lyons) Lock and Gate Areas
- Thursday, July 21 – Cayuga-Seneca Lock CS-1 (Cayuga) – Taintor Gate
- Thursday, July 21 – Ithaca (Cayuga Lake) – East Dock Wall
- Friday, July 22 – Erie Canal Lock E-29 (Palmyra) Lock and Gate Areas
- Friday, July 22 – Ithaca (Cayuga Lake) – West Terminal
The inspection areas will be marked by commercial diver’s flags while divers are in the water. Boaters should reduce speed and proceed at a "No Wake" speed when transiting these areas.
Charts showing the affected areas can be found at
Features along the Cayuga-Seneca and Erie Canals are listed by mileage at https://www.canals.ny.gov/wwwapps/navinfo/navinfo.aspx?waterway=cayugaseneca and
In case of emergencies, please call the Canal Corporation Emergency Call Center at: (833) 538-1042.
For updates and information, please visit Canals.NY.gov or follow us on Facebook or Twitter.