Notice to Mariners
Erie, Oswego, and Cayuga-Seneca Canals
Onondaga, Seneca, Oswego, and Cayuga Counties
July 8, 2022
Mariners are advised that bridge inspections will be occurring at numerous structures on the Erie, Oswego, and Cayuga-Seneca Canals on the following schedule:
- Monday, July 11th – Freebridge (S-1), in Tyre
- Tuesday, July 12th – Ovid St. Bridge (S-6) in Seneca Falls
- Wednesday, July 13th – NY Route 38 Bridge (E-85) in Mentz
- Thursday, July 14th – US 11 Bridge (E-64) in Cicero
- Friday, July 15th – County Hwy 57 Bridge (E-71) in Clay
- Monday, August 1st – Black Creek Rd. Bridge (E-67) in Clay
- Tuesday, August 2nd – Long Branch Road Bridge (E-74) in Geddes
- Wednesday, August 3rd, and Thursday, August 4th – County Hwy 46 Bridge (O-5) in Schroeppel
- Thursday, August 4th – Syracuse Street Bridge (E-78) in Baldwinsville
- Friday, August 5th – NY 89 Bridge (S-3) in Seneca Falls
- Monday, August 8th – Bridge St. Bridge (S-7) in Seneca Falls
- Tuesday, August 9th and Wednesday, August 10th – Bonta Rd. Bridge (E-81) in Brutus
- Thursday, August 11th – River Rd. Bridge (E-80) in Elbridge
- Friday, August 12th – NY Route 31 Bridge (E-90) in Tyre
- Monday, August 29th – County Line Rd. Bridge (E-92) In Tyre
Channel width may be reduced, and slight delays may occur due to a bucket boat moving below each bridge being inspected. Warning signs will be placed at each end of the work zone.
Mariners should reduce speed, stop all forward motion and proceed at a "No Wake" speed when transiting these areas.
Features along the eastern portion of the Erie, Oswego, and Cayuga-Seneca Canals are listed by mileage at http://www.canals.ny.gov/wwwapps/navinfo/navinfo.aspx?waterway=erieeastern .
In case of emergencies, please call the Canal Corporation Emergency Call Center at: (833) 538-1042.
The Canal Corporation urges all users to register to receive updates through the "Notice to Mariners" notification program at www.canals.ny.gov.
For updates and information, please visit Canals.NY.gov or follow us on Facebook or Twitter