Notice to Mariners
Oswego Canal – Fulton, Minetto and Oswego
June 3, 2022
Mariners are advised of underwater inspections occurring on the Oswego Canal in Fulton, Minetto and Oswego starting on the following schedule:
- Monday, June 6 – Oswego Canal Lock O-7 (Oswego) - Southwest Approach Wall
- Tuesday, June 7 – Oswego Canal Lock O-5, (Minetto) – Southwest Approach Guide Piers
- Tuesday, June 7 – Oswego Canal Lock O-5, (Minetto) – Bulkhead
- Wednesday, June 8 – Oswego Canal Lock O-5, (Minetto) – Southwest Retaining Wall
- Thursday, June 9 – Oswego Canal Lock O-5, (Minetto) – Curved Dam
- Friday, June 10 – Oswego Canal Lock O-3, (Fulton) – Eastern Side of Dam Spillway
The inspection areas will be marked by commercial diver’s flags while divers are in the water. Boaters should reduce speed and proceed at a "No Wake" speed when transiting these areas.
Charts showing the affected areas can be found at
Features along the Oswego Canal are listed by mileage at http://www.canals.ny.gov/wwwapps/navinfo/navinfo.aspx?waterway=oswego
In case of emergencies, please call the Canal Corporation Emergency Call Center at: (833) 538-1042.
For updates and information, please visit Canals.NY.gov or follow us on Facebook or Twitter.