Notice to Mariners
Oswego Canal – Minetto and Oswego
May 20, 2022
Mariners are advised of underwater inspections occurring on the Oswego Canal in Oswego and Minetto starting on the following schedule:
- Monday, May 23 – Oswego Canal Lock O-8 (Oswego) - Northeast Approach Terminal Wall
- Tuesday, May 24 – Oswego Canal Lock O-8, (Oswego) - Southeast Approach Wall
- Tuesday, May 24 – Oswego Canal Lock O-8, (Oswego) – Southwest Approach Wall
- Wednesday, May 25 – Oswego Canal Lock O-7, (Oswego) – Northeast Approach Wall
- Wednesday, May 25 – Oswego Canal Lock O-7, (Oswego) - Northwest Approach Wall
- Thursday, May 26 – Oswego Canal Lock O-5, (Minetto) - Southeast Approach Guide Piers
The inspection areas will be marked by commercial diver’s flags while divers are in the water. Boaters should reduce speed and proceed at a "No Wake" speed when transiting these areas.
Charts showing the affected areas can be found at
Features along the Oswego Canal are listed by mileage at http://www.canals.ny.gov/wwwapps/navinfo/navinfo.aspx?waterway=oswego
In case of emergencies, please call the Canal Corporation Emergency Call Center at: (833) 538-1042.
For updates and information, please visit Canals.NY.gov or follow us on Facebook or Twitter.