Notice to Mariners
Eastern Erie and Champlain Canals
August 6, 2021
Mariners are advised that bridge inspections will be occurring on the Eastern Erie and Champlain Canals according to the following schedule:
- Monday, August 9th – Balltown Rd., SR 146 Bridge (E-8) in Schenectady.
- Tuesday, August 10th - Poultney St., US 4 Bridge (C-29) in Whitehall.
- Wednesday, August 11th - SR 196 Bridge (C-18) in Kingsbury.
- Thursday, August 12th – NY 103 Bridge (E-16) in Rotterdam.
- Friday, August 13th – Broadway St., US 4 Bridge (C-14) in Fort Edward.
Channel width may be reduced, and slight delays may occur due to a vessel mounted manlift or under bridge inspection unit (UBIU) and safety boat moving below each bridge being inspected. Boaters should contact inspectors on Marine Channel 13.
Boaters must reduce speed, stop all forward motion and proceed at a "No Wake" speed after receiving clearance to pass.
Features along the eastern portion of the Erie and Champlain Canals are listed by mileage at http://www.canals.ny.gov/wwwapps/navinfo/navinfo.aspx?waterway=erieeastern
For updates and information, please visit Canals.NY.gov or follow us on Facebook or Twitter