The following sources of information are available here to respondents:
- Map of the Canal System
- Statutory definitions of the NYS Canal System:
- The Erie Canal
- The Oswego Canal
- The Cayuga-Seneca Canal
- The Champlain Canal
- Previous planning initiatives:
- Economic impact reports:
- Report on The Economic Impact of the Erie Canalway Trail prepared for Parks & Trails New York
- Report on Economic Benefits of Non-Tourism Use of the NYS Canal System prepared for New York State Canal Corporation
- New York Power Authority (and Canal Corporation) Budget for 2017
- GIS resources on Canal Corporation land ownership and Canalway Trail
- Find the GIS shapefiles here.
- Find a note on the use of the shapefiles and a description of the attributes and categories here.
- Recreational, commercial and other vessel/boating traffic along the Canal System from 2011 to 2015 is available to download here.