The following sources of information are available here to respondents:
- Map of the Canal System
- Statutory definitions of the NYS Canal System:
- The Erie Canal
- The Oswego Canal
- The Cayuga-Seneca Canal
- The Champlain Canal
- Previous planning initiatives:
- Economic impact reports:
- Report on The Economic Impact of the Erie Canalway Trail prepared for Parks & Trails New York
- Report on Economic Benefits of Non-Tourism Use of the NYS Canal System prepared for New York State Canal Corporation
- New York Power Authority (and Canal Corporation) Budget for 2017
- GIS resources on Canal Corporation land ownership and Canalway Trail
- Find the GIS shapefiles here.
- Find a note on the use of the shapefiles and a description of the attributes and categories here.
- Recreational, commercial and other vessel/boating traffic along the Canal System from 2011 to 2015 is available to download here.
Precedents from Around the WorldA presentation deck that includes a broad range of successful precedents of innovative design and programming ideas from around the world can be found here. These should serve to inspire potential applicants and not limit the scope of their submissions.
Material from Information SessionAn information session for the Competition was held in New York City on November 6, 2017.
- The presentation can be downloaded here
- The list of attendees can be downloaded here.
- The Q&A of the information session can be downloaded here.
Material from Site Tours
Site tours of various sections of the Canal System took place between November 13th and 17th, 2017 for interested applicants. A list of tour attendees, the itineraries, a presentation on the highlights of the tours and general Q&A can be found on the Site Tours page of this website.