Hourly Salary: $16/hr
Under direction, the student assistant will:
- Attend events hosted and patronized by people of diverse backgrounds including but not limited to physical abilities, learning styles, sexual orientation, ethnicities and nationalities.
- Interact with other State Agency DEI outreach coordinators and staff to execute initiatives to support the Canals public engagement team Diversity Equity and Inclusion program.
- Participate in community outreach events to build relationships in communities especially in underserved or overlooked communities.
- Assist the human resources team with regional career fairs.
- Attend the State Fair and other outreach/public engagement events
- Work with Canal staff across the corridor with set up and tear down of event exhibits (some travel necessary).
- Collaborate with DEIA Project Coordinator to plan and execute initiatives to support underrepresented canal communities.
- Assist public engagement staff in the preparation, review, evaluation, and analysis of public engagement events, outreach proposals, reports and other documentation.
- Draft various documents for review by Canals Public Engagement staff, including but not limited to, data entry, mass mailings, memorandums, reports and possibly procedural documentation as it relates to engagement and outreach.
- Review public engagement and event attendance/evaluation reports and summarize contents.
- Conduct research related to public engagement and outreach activities.
- Maintain and update public engagement database programs.
Candidates must be reachable for appointment on the Civil Service eligible list for Engineer Trainee (Civil/Transportation) or Assistant Engineer (Civil/Transportation) OR candidates must have one year of permanent competitive service in a title eligible for transfer under the provisions of Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
- Candidates with excellent communication and writing skills are encouraged to apply.
ATTN: Jonathan Brown
30 South Pearl Street
Albany, NY 12207
The New York State Canal Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer.
New York State Human Rights Law prohibits discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, sex, disability, marital status, gender identity, prior arrests, prior conviction records, predisposing genetic characteristics or domestic violence victim status.
The New York State Canal Corporation provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please email Accessibility@nypa.gov.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from the candidate before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com. i>