Hourly Salary: $15.19
Assist in on- or off-shore maintenance of various floating plant work and dredge vessels. USCG Drug Testing Required. Assist in levee and/or channel embankment repair.
- Must be at least 18
- Physically capable of performing duties assigned
- Possess and continuously maintain a valid driver license appropriate to the types of vehicles being operated
- No specific education or experience required
Canal Jobs offer:
- On-the-Job Training
- Entry Level Skills for Maritime, Engineering, Machine Shop & Other Careers
- Time Toward a NYS Pension
- Great for Retirees Looking to Stay Active
The New York State Canal Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer.
New York State Human Rights Law prohibits discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, sex, disability, marital status, gender identity, prior arrests, prior conviction records, predisposing genetic characteristics or domestic violence victim status.
The New York State Canal Corporation provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please email Accessibility@nypa.gov.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from the candidate before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. i>