The New York State Canal Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Civil Service examinations are required for many Canal Corporation positions. Please visit the NYS Department of Civil Service website for listings of upcoming Civil Service exams and job openings.
Canal Corporation Seasonal Job Openings
Canal Corporation Job Openings
- Service & Repair Mechanic (Motor Equipment)
- Student Assistant- Canal Real Property Administration (Permits)
- Student Assistant-Canal Real Property Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Professional Engineer 1 (Civil/Transportation) - Asset Mgmt & Inspection
- Trades Specialist (Welder) - Waterford
- Highway Equipment Operator- Waterford
Other Canal-Related Opportunities
- Watch here for upcoming openings.
See Canal Jobs in Action
Civil Service Exam Info
*The exams for these titles are continuous recruitment, which means you must complete an education and experience questionnaire on the Civil Service website to receive a score. Once you are scored, you will be placed on an eligible list for the title. Please click this link to complete the online questionnaire: New York State Career Opportunities in Engineering (ny.gov)