Notice to Mariners
Erie Canal/Mohawk River
June 9, 2017
Mariners are advised that high water levels along the Mohawk River sections of the Erie Canal have reduced the clearance of the following overhead structures below the governing 21’ for this section of canal:
- Bridge E-8, Balltown Rd, SR 146 – 20.68’ vertical clearance
- Bridge E-12, railroad, CSXT [ATK] – 19.80’ vertical clearance
- Bridge E-14A, I-890 – 19.97’ vertical clearance
- Bridge E-37A, Central Ave, SR 51 – 20.40’ vertical clearance
- Bridge E-39, Moss Rd – 20.58’ vertical clearance
- Bridge E-40, railroad, CSXT [ATK] – 20.07’ vertical clearance
Updates will follow.
These bridges can be found on the following pages of NOAA chart book 14786:
Bridge heights are listed at http://www.canals.ny.gov/boating/bridgeheights.html
Features along the eastern portion of the Erie Canal are listed by mileage at http://www.canals.ny.gov/wwwapps/navinfo/navinfo.aspx?waterway=erieeastern.
For updates and information, please visit Canals.NY.gov or follow us on Facebook or Twitter