Appointment Type: Permanent Competitive
Negotiating Unit: CSEA
Hourly Rate: $18.22 – 26.11
Location: Fort Edward
Minimum Qualifications: Candidates must have four years of full time experience in the electrical trade under a skilled journey-level electrician which provided training equivalent to that given in an apprenticeship program. Apprenticeship training in the electrical trade, or training gained by the completion of technical courses in the electrical trade at a school, institute or branch of the Armed Services may be substituted for the above training and experience on a year-for-year basis. A commercial driver’s license appropriate to the types of vehicles operated may be required.
Specific duties and job requirements will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Under general supervision, performs skilled work at the journey-level in the maintenance, repair and installation of canal floating plant and building electrical systems and equipment.
- Installs, maintains, and repairs generators, motors, lighting, signal systems, and electrical equipment.
- Repairs and tests electrical work and devices.
- Repairs and maintains signal controls, lights, pumping equipment, signs, oil burners and other mechanisms.
- Acts as a trouble shooter on electrical repairs.
- Conducts a program of preventative maintenance.
- Maintains navigation lighting systems.
- Supervises other journey-level employees and helpers.
- Working knowledge and understanding of AC/DC power.
Interested candidates who meet the minimum qualifications should send a cover letter and resume by the application deadline of May 22, 2018 to email@example.com. Please include the position title and location (Electrician – Fort Edward) in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application.
This application must be printed and mailed. Data will not transfer if this form is attached to an e-mail.